Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gobble Gobble!


I have had Chuy for about two months now, so I feel like it is due time to give a Nugget Report.

So far, he has been a fun little car and is easy to parallel park. Great success! I am also excited to report that John Paul and I have continued our on-going "Turkey Magnet" practical joke while in Australia. For those of you that don't know the history of the Turkey Magnet - I will try to give you a quick background.

About 8 months ago, I was visiting some hospitals in West Virginia and pulled over at a reststop to use the bathroom. As I was coming out into the "general store" I stumbled upon an entire wall filled with hunting paraphenalia. For whatever reason I was mesmerized by all of the camoflauge and bright orange items. One section of the display had what would describe as vehicle 'flair' which included an assortment of magnets. It was like a lightbulb went off immediately. Although it was difficult decision between the turkey and the redneck man holding a rifle....I decided on the magnetic bird. I literally was holding back laughter in the checkout line because I could already picture my plan. This was going to be the best five dollars I ever spent. To make the purchase even better - the lady at the register said, "Well I'll be...I didn't even know we sold them things." Something tells me that those magnets were a stocking stuffer somewhere in WV.

Anyhow, the next week, I waited until John Paul was in the shower one morning and ran outside to plant the turkey magnet on the passenger side of his car so he wouldn't see it. It remained proudly displayed until the end of the day when he walked out to the parking lot and noticed something on the side panel. Needless to say, this has started a war between the two of us and we never know when the other will strike! John Paul has tried to deface Chuy with the Turkey not long ago(see my documentation above), so now its his turn to get the Gobble!

In other news, I have had some issues with operating Chuy. The other day it started to rain, so I turned on the windshield wipers (or as Aussies call it, wind SCREEN wipers). Some how or another, I turned on the rear wiper and could not figure out how to turn it off. I drove around for about 5 minutes with it squeaking every 10 seconds before I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. I finally pulled over to read the stupid instruction manual. Problem solved. During the same trip, I noticed that I somehow changed the setting that once displayed the time to now display the average kilometers I drive per hour. Why do I care anyways...I just want my clock back! I have not had time (no pun intended) to address this problem yet. Literally the same day, I come out from an appointment to find a pile of poop on the hood. Not like a little splash of bird droppings - this was clearly the feces of a small creature. I had hoped that it would fly off during my travels, but I haven't been so lucky. I have stared at it for the past two days every time I am driving.

The icing on the cake happened this afternoon. I was at a trade show all day and was thankful to finally be home. I went upstairs to put up my things and send out a few last emails before going to the gym. When I walked outside I noticed that Chuy was in the middle of the parking lot....like not in a space, but more like in the middle of the common road. Apparently I had forgotted to pull up the parking break. Luckily I had my keys with me so I quickly moved the car to the furthest spot in the public lot and pretended that it never happened.

No comments: